List of active policies
|Terms of Service||Other policy||All users|
- 1.1 These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern any and all use of the e-learning online platform available at www.online.corona-academy.com (“Platform”) by you, as users of the Platform (“you” or “Users”), including any use of, or access to, the digital content available through the Platform, such as educational courses (“Courses”), tutorials, or additional content and services that may be offered through the Platform from time to time (Courses, content, and services jointly only as the “Services”).
- 1.2 The Platform is administered by, and the Services are provided by Chaos Czech a.s., a joint-stock company incorporated under the laws of Czech Republic, seated at Karlovo namesti 288/17, 120 00 Prague, Czech Republic, EU (“Provider”, or “we”, “us”, and “our”).
- 1.3 Access to the Platform and provision of the Services is subject to your acceptance of these Terms and any applicable product-specific terms, Course descriptions, operating rules, policies, or procedures that may be communicated to you. These documents are part of the agreement between you and us in respect to the provision of the relevant Services (the “Contract”).
- 1.4 Please, read these Terms and any applicable product-specific terms carefully. By accessing the Platform, including registration and creation of a user account (“User Account”), you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms or product specific terms, do not register, or access the Platform, download, or use the particular Service that is subject to the terms that you dissent with.
2. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PLATFORM
- 2.1 Through the Platform, Users may enroll in educational courses (“Courses”), view free content, or potentially, sign up for additional services.
- 2.2 The Platform is based on a learning management system, allowing us to set up a complex online learning management environment and deliver you our know-how through it.
- 2.3 The Platform is optimized for modern browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, and will also work on your mobile browser such as Mobile Safari and Google Chrome. Older, not updated browsers may offer limited functionality though Services should still be accessible.
- 2.4 Courses are primarily aimed at helping Users to improve or gain skills in our proprietary software applications, such as Corona Renderer. Courses consist of various learning materials, such as video tutorials, tests, and guidelines, which are aptly structured into chapters and lessons.
3. REGISTRATION WITH THE PLATFORM, USER ACCOUNT
- 3.1 To access the Platform, you need to register on-site and open a User Account first.
- 3.2 Registration does not constitute your acceptance of, or obligation to sign up for any paid Services.
- 3.3 Only personal data marked as required in the registration form are mandatory. You may be enabled to fill in further details to set up your profile, in which case any such details are voluntary.
- 3.4 To complete the registration, a username and a password needs to be filled in. We recommend that strong passwords be created by various combinations of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- 3.5 Registered User Account is active only after being approved by the Platform administration.
- 3.6 User Accounts are not transferable. Each User is responsible for retaining the secrecy and non-disclosure of his/her password from third parties. Users shall be considered responsible for the acts or omissions through the User Account, unless until we are notified of any unauthorized access or use of the User Account.
- 3.7 Your personal data are processed by us in order to provide you the Services. Personal data are not visible to other Users and are not transferred to third parties. For more information on how we process your personal data and what your rights are, please, see our Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice.
- 3.8 Where a User is a legal entity, the person that creates the User Account warrants that he/she has the necessary legal capacity and power to act on behalf of and represent the legal entity.
- 3.9 User understands and acknowledges that he/she should provide only information and data that is true, accurate and updated, as well as lawfully acquired, and to keep this information and data updated at all times. The Platform does not necessarily audit or verify provided data and information, nor is it obliged to do so. However, we reserve the right to ask Users for more information in order to clarify or support submitted data and to resume registration in the meantime.
- 3.10 We reserve the right to suspend and/or delete a User Account in case of:
a) User Account has been inactive for more than 6 months and no Subscription period is active on the User Account;
b) No Services have been purchased in the last 6 months and no Subscription period is active on the User Account;
c) False or inaccurate information has been provided by the User;
d) Violation of the present Terms or any product-specific terms;
e) Any negligent or willful misconduct committed by the User, which could damage or harm in any way the Platform or the Provider (e.g. operation of the Platform, our trade name, reputation, intellectual property rights, unfair competition act, etc.).
We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the deletion of a User Account in such cases.
- 3.11 Users may decide to delete their User Account at any time. Request to permanent termination of the User Account must be filed through User Profile (Section: Privacy and Policies) and will be processed without undue delay. By deleting a User Account, User understands that he/she will no longer be able to make use of the Services provided through the Platform, including Courses. No refund shall be granted in such case.
4. PROVISION OF CONTENT AND SERVICES
- 4.1 Courses are provided for fees designated on the Platform. We may provide other Services on the Platform from time to time.
- 4.2 The content available on the Platform (such as Course content – tutorials, audiovisual works, audio files, guidelines, diagrams, manuals, tests, other learning material, etc., and also any similar freely accessible material) is licensed to you, not sold. By “purchasing” a Course, you are granted a non-exclusive right to view and use the Course content for your personal educational purposes for a predetermined period (“Subscription period”). Subscription period is specified in the Course description. After the Subscription period has run out, you will not be able to access the Course content anymore, irrespective of whether you managed to complete the Course during the Subscription period, or not. For the duration of the Subscription period, you will have full access to the Course content, subject to prerequisites of the Course (i.e. you may need to pass a test after each lesson in order to unlock the next lesson). The same applies adequately to additional Services, unless stated otherwise.
- 4.3 Unless expressly specified otherwise, a right (license) to use our proprietary software application(s) is not included with the Courses or other Services, even where such license is integral to the practical application, use, or successful completion of the Courses or other Services that you signed up for.
- 4.4 Services are provided subject to full upfront payment of the designated fees, unless specified otherwise in the Platform.
- 4.5 Before purchasing a Course, we recommend that you read full Course description and consider all Course requirements and required level of skills to satisfactorily navigate through the Course. We strongly advise that you view any introductory videos and learning material samples, in order to consider suitability of the Course for your needs.
- 4.6 If you are a consumer, you acknowledge that we will make a Course available to you before the fourteen days withdrawal period has ended. Please, note that in such case you are not eligible to withdraw from a Contract.
- 4.7 After completion of a Course, an individual certificate confirming completion of the Course is issued to you. The certificate is valid for a specified period (unless stated otherwise, 2 years after completion of the Course).
5. PAYMENT FOR THE SERVICES
- 5.1 Service fees can be paid via PayPal transfer.
- 5.2 In respect to PayPal transfers, and unless stated otherwise, Services will be delivered immediately after the transaction has been processed, e.g. when our PayPal account has been credited.
- 5.3 We reserve the right to modify the scope of payment methods available, and change, discontinue, enhance, or alter features of available payment methods. In such case, we will provide you with instructions on how payments must be made at the time of the purchase.
- 5.4 All fees and expenses payable pursuant to these Terms and related terms shall be paid together with value added tax or any similar tax (if any) properly chargeable thereon.
6. MAINTENANCE OF THE PLATFORM & UPGRADES
- 6.1 We strive to keep the Platform and the Services up and running. However, all online services suffer from occasional disruptions and outages, and we shall have no liability for such downtime. In respect to scheduled maintenance, we will try to provide you with advance notice of any potential downtime. However, from time to time the Platform may be unavailable without notice, to allow maintenance, repairs, upgrades. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to restore the Platform and the Services as promptly as possible.
- 6.2 We reserve the right to issue corrections or upgrades on the Platform and Services.
- 6.3 We reserve the right to, at any time, cancel, suspend, or shut down operation of the Platform.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- 7.1 Except as indicated otherwise, the Platform and all text, images, tutorials, videos, marks, logos, and other content contained therein, including, without limitation to, the logo and all designs, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, audiovisual works, tutorials, learning material, along with selection and/or arrangement of any such data into patterns, designs, collections (“collectively as “our Intellectual Property”), are proprietary to us or our licensors and protected by applicable intellectual property laws. You may not modify, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, transmit, perform, copy, distribute any such information and material for public or commercial purposes except in accordance with these Terms and any related terms, exclusively for the purposes specified therein.
- 7.2 Except for the license expressly granted to you by these Terms or related terms, nothing contained herein, or product-specific terms shall be construed as a grant of any right or license, express or implied, in or to any other intellectual property rights owned, licensed, or controlled by us.
- 7.3 You must not delete, hide, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other similar signs and notices from copies of materials.
- 7.4 Tutorials, videos, learning materials, and other content may be protected by digital rights management (“DRM”) technologies. You must not remove, hide, or alter embedded signs, codes, or watermarks, or attempt to disable, circumvent, or obstruct DRM technologies.
8. REFUNDS & RIGHTS RESULTING FROM DEFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- 8.1 Unless expressly stated in these Terms or product specific terms, you are not eligible for any refunds for the purchased Services. All payment obligations are non-cancellable, all amounts and fees paid are non-refundable and paid fees may not be transferred to or used for other Services.
- 8.2 We will refund purchase price if we cancel, suspend, or shut down operation of the Platform (see art. 6.3 of the Terms), however only in respect to the Services that have, at the time of the shutdown, not been provided yet. In respect to the Courses, we will refund purchase price only if the Courses have not been completed at the time of the shutdown (this means, when the certificate has been issued, or in any case, when the Subscription period has run out).
- 8.3 We represent and warrant that the Services, at the time of the purchase, shall be:
a) Of the quality and shall possess properties and features that have been declared, and in respect to Services or their particular features, where no such representations were made, that they shall be at least a of standard quality and shall have properties and features that are typical for digital content or services of the same type;
b) Without any hidden defects.
- 8.4 A Service is defective when:
a) It is contrary to our representations and warranties;
b) It has defects that we have not informed you about unless such defects must have been clearly visible to you before the purchase even without directly informing you.
- 8.5 If you believe that the Service is faulty, you must assert your claim without undue delay after you had the first opportunity to assess the Service and discover the defect. In such case, you may contact us on the contact details below with your request, clearly specifying the defect.
- 8.6 In respect to remediable defects, you may demand either that they are rectified, or a reasonable price reduction. If the defect is non-remediable and the Service cannot be properly used as a result, you may either withdraw from the Contract, or demand a reasonable price reduction.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 9.1 To the extent permitted by the applicable law, our cumulative liability for damages relating to, or resulting from, your use of the Service, or the Platform, shall in no event exceed the total amount of fees actually paid by you for the Services and use of the Platform for the term during which the loss or breach occurred (“Total amount”). You also understand and acknowledge that this Total amount shall be considered as a foreseeable loss that you may incur. This limitation cap shall not apply to damages caused by wilful misconduct or gross negligence of the Provider as well as damage to natural rights of an individual.
- 9.2 Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing to the contrary, to the extent permitted by the applicable law, we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential damages such as loss of revenues or profits.
- 9.3 The Platform is provided on “AS IS” basis. Unless expressly stated otherwise, any express or implied warranties in respect to the provided Services and/or use of the Platform, including, but not limited to, the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed.
- 9.4 Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of liability or warranty so these may not apply to you.
10. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 10.1 This section shall not deprive you of any mandatory consumer protection provisions under the law of the country to which we direct Services to you, where you have your habitual residence.
- 10.2 These Terms and all rights and obligations relating to these Terms, the Platform, and provision of Services, are governed exclusively by the law of the Czech Republic, excluding provisions regulating the conflict of laws.
- 10.3 The Parties shall attempt in good faith to settle amicably all disputes, controversies, and conflicts arising out of or in connection with these Terms, use of the Platform, and provision of Services.
- 10.4 Any claim or complaint that we receive in writing on the contact details provided herein will be evaluated with due care and attention and answered within 30 days after it has reached us.
- 10.5 Shall the amicable settlement according to the abovementioned not be possible, all such disputes arising out of, or in connection with these Terms, use of the Platform, and provision of Services shall be finally decided by the competent courts of the Czech Republic.
11. CONSUMER RIGHTS
- 11.1 Consumers have the right to withdraw from a contract within fourteen days from its conclusion and in case of a contract of sale, from the date of the delivery of the goods. However, consumers may not withdraw from a contract on provision of services or digital content when such service has been fully performed or when access to the digital content has begun with Consumer’s prior consent before the end of the withdrawal period (see art. 4.6 hereof).
- 11.2 Consumers residing in the EEA area (European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway), may turn to alternative dispute resolution procedure regarding any dispute or claim arising from a Contract, if the dispute or claim could not be settled amicably among us. In such case, a proposal for extrajudicial dispute resolution shall be filed with the Czech Trade Inspection Authority (https://www.coi.cz/). Alternatively, Users may submit their complaint through the European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform available at the link below:
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
- 12.1 If you have any question, concern, or claim in respect to the Platform and the Services, you can contact us on the following addresses:
Chaos Czech a.s.
Karlovo namesti 288/17
120 00 Prague
- 13.1 Any communication between us, Contracts, information, and notices shall be made in the English language, unless expressly agreed by us otherwise.
- 13.2 Our failure to enforce any right or provisions of these Terms or any related terms does not constitute a waiver of such rights for the future.
- 13.3 We reserve the right to modify from time to time these Terms or any related terms. In case the revision is material, we will provide at least 15 days’ notice prior to the amendments taking effect. If you do not agree with the amended terms, you have the right to terminate any affected Contract until the amended terms enter into effect. By continuing to access the Platform or use the Services thereafter, you agree to be bound by them.
- 13.4 You agree that any notice, disclosure, or other communications that we send to you electronically through the Platform or on your registered e-mail address will satisfy any requirements for legal communication, including that such communications be in writing.
- 13.5 Notices and other communications sent on e-mail address shall be understood delivered on the next business day after they have been dispatched. A notice delivered through the Platform to the User shall be understood to be delivered on the day the User signs in to his/her User account on the first occasion after the notice has been published on the Platform.
- 13.6 In case any provision of these Terms or related terms shall be deemed invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- 13.7 You understand that we may assign, transfer, or subcontract our rights or obligations under these Terms or performance of the Services to third parties.